Sustainable Energy Financing Facilities (SEFFs) are a key component of the SEI and consist of credit lines to participating banks (PBs) especially dedicated to on-lending for energy efficiency and small-scale renewable energy investments.
Through SEFFs, the EBRD leverages its network of relationships with banks, reaching smaller projects to which it cannot lend directly. Each credit line is supported by a substantial and complex technical assistance package that builds capacity in the local market and helps investors and local banks to overcome some of the barriers that hinder the implementation of these investments.
The EBRD places special emphasis on supporting investments that improve energy efficiency or promote renewable energy and has highlighted Armenia´s potential for sustainable energy investment as a priority in the Bank´s Armenia Country Strategy
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
- Promotion ArmSEFF through public awareness raising and marketing campaigns
- Support public awareness campaigns
- Establish an interactive website, which is database driven
- Content management on website
- Support in methodology for analysis of social, ecological and economic benefits of projects
- Support in institutional framework for the EE and RE impacting the relevant entities (this includes tariff regulation)
- Support in development of an environmental and social action plan (ESAP), including evaluation of different EE/RE technical solutions and the assessment of potential cogeneration
- Support in environmental, health and safety audits