This UNDP-infrastructure project was signed in March 2005 between VIENNA ENGINEERS and UNDP. The main objective of the project is to develop a waste management concept for municipal solid waste for Vranje and its neighbouring municipalities. The feasibility study will contain the information about the possibilities for PPP-model, according to national and EU environmental standards and legal framework.
The project involves not only the Feasibility study and master plan, but also provides technical assistance to local and regional authorities in Southern Serbia as well as hearings and the moderation of a public participation process.
Parallel with the project trainings and other capacity building measures will be hold for the decision makers on the municipality level.
Description of actual services provided by the staff within the assignment:
- Analysing the legal framework of waste management and site rehabilitation in Southern Serbia
- Socio-economic analysis
- Financial analysis (discounted cash flow analysis, planned balance sheets, profit-loss-statements, tariff structure, …)
- Drafting the logistics model
- Project finance including pre-design for PPP-model
- Technical feasibility (site assessment, technical design, investment cost estimates)
- Institutional assessment
- Organisation of public hearings and the moderation of a public participation process